August 26, 2013

Ecuador Trip 2013!

I had a little trip to my native country Ecuador this past summer and I'd like to share some photos I took! I know this is somewhat differently from my usual posts but once in a while something different is good. I've always taken trip there but it was usually to visit family. Well this time, thought it was mostly that what I did, I was able to sneak out and have some adventure time ;)
 If most of you guys didn't know, Ecuador is on the west side of South America. Its mostly known for the Galapagos Island that is towards the coast of it. This is the day I just landed at the capitals airport. Their new locations is very close to the mountains, which makes an amazing view when your landing.
 The equator splits Ecuador in half, where the yellow line is drawn is where the equator passes. It's actually pretty neat because literally be standing on two hemispheres at the same time!
 I also went to Mindos, its a small little city north from the capital, where you can scale down cascades, go tubing, and do other crazy outdoor adventures. It took about two hours to get from Quito to Mindos in car, and let me tell you something, when your body is used to flat, straight roads and then you do this road trip, you'll need a garbage bag. Ha ha! The white "fluff" you see there near the road is actually clouds! Quito is really high up in altitude and driving to Mindos in the weee early morning, you see this beautiful view!
 That, my friends is Mount Chimborazo (which is currently inactive). Its the only mountain in Ecuador with ice caps at the tipity top of it.
Now this is the city where my entire family was born, Loja. Its located all the way south of Ecuador, near the boarder of Peru. Its a small city, but probably the coldest city of all! Though sunshine was shining, it was absolutely freezing! I mean since they are located south of the equator (currently in winter) and surrounded by mountains its explainable.
 This is Zamora, another country/mointany city west of Loja. We spent the day there in a villa by the mountains eating delicious food and watching the Ecuador vs. Spain soccer match! This is probably my favourite picture of all that I took on this trip. It was breathtaking there.
This is on the plane ride returning back to Florida. I believe we were about to hover over Cuba.

And that's it folks! I absolutely loved my trip there and definitely recommend anyone that can to go there! Its such a beautiful country to visit! Now that I'm back I'll definitely be uploading more frequently than before. 

xxx R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS